CBD Bath Bombs: DIY Gifting 2020
These DIY CBD Bath Bombs make the perfect gift for all of the busy bees in your life.
We wouldn’t judge if you decided to spoil yourself, too! There are few things greater than drawing a bath after a long and stressful day, and with the addition of CBD, you can be sure you’re easing tension and occasional stress away while prepping your mind and body for a restful night of sleep.
If you’re new to the long list of benefits that consistent consumption of CBD provides, check out our post here.
While there are a few CBD Bath Bombs on the market that are sold “ready to go”, crafting your own allows you to set intentions, and puts a little bit of extra love into this sensorial holiday gift. Not to mention, these bath bombs are incredibly easy to make, featuring many ingredients you’ll likely have in your kitchen cupboard already! Feel free to customize these bath bombs, using whichever essential oils, herbs, flowers and extracts that you please.
what you'll need
- 1 cup Epsom salts
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1 cup corn starch
- ½ cup citric acid (typically found in bulk online, but may be purchased in some drug and health food stores)
- 1 pre-measured dropper of any Pachamama CBD Tincture of your choosing (we recommend our Relax tincture featuring Kava Kava and Valerian root extracts)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp water
- A few drops of your favorite essential oil (lavender and eucalyptus pair very well with the subtle notes in Pachamama tinctures)
- Accessories of your choosing, such as dried flower petals or herbs
- Bath bomb molds
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add in all of the accessory ingredients you chose.
2. In a separate, smaller bowl, combine all wet ingredients.
3. Slowly pour wet ingredients into dry mixture, stirring gently as you go. Don’t rush this process, as it would be dangerous for the mixture to begin to fizz.
4. Gently whisk the mixture until all clumps fully dissolve. The texture should remain to hold form once you’ve released your grip, and if it hasn’t, continue slowly adding more water.
5. Pack each half-mold fully and tightly.
6. Stack each half-mold together to fully form your bath bomb, and continue steps 5 & 6 until all of the mixture has been used.
7. Let the bath bombs fully dry in the molds for at least 24 hours. Avoid opening and touching the molds until 24 hours have passed.
8. Fill up your bath with warm water, toss in a CBD Bath Bomb, and relax!
For sensitive skin, be mindful of the ingredients you add to your bath bombs. Chemical fragrances, colors and fun additives may irritate sensitive skin, and counteract with the soothing results meant to be experienced with the use of these CBD Bath Bombs. Stainless steel molds may prove to hold better for larger batches, as the plastic molds are at risk to crack.
Get the latest news you need, straight to your inbox.